Ok Fellas, you got your Bare & Beards skincare products and your routine is going great. Now it is time to take your at-home skincare routine to the next level....mancial steam. A mancial steam can be performed once a week, twice a month, once a month..you get the idea. This is an alternative until you feel safe heading back into a skin care clinic to get your monthly mancial. It isn't going to be quite the same experience, but it does produce the same benefits and results!
Steams are necessary because although you have great skin care products to cleanse away dirt and impurities, sometimes you need to open up those pores to really allow your products to go to work deep down. Plus, it is a great way to treat yourself to some self-care and be able to relax, reflect and forget about all of your cares and worries for a good 15-30 minutes.
Here's what you will need:
Herbs and essential oils: lavendar, chamomile, sage, rosemary, comfrey root, lemon peel, rose peel, alfalfa, peppermint, calendula are some favorites to use!
1 big bowl
1 big towel and 1 face towel
A comfy place to sit while steaming
Now that you have everything you are ready to get your steam going:
1. First, thoroughly cleanse your face (this is when you wanna spend a little extra time than usually washing your face)
2. Add water and herbs/essential oils to your pot and bring to a boil (start setting up your comfy place to sit, queue the music, etc)
3. Remove pot from stove and transfer contents to big bowl (take it to your comfy place to sit area)
4. Put your face over the top of the bowl at least 10 inches away, drape towel over your head so the steam can't escape and you feel it all over your face
5. Allow yourself to drift away (set a timer so you don't stay way too long :D)
6. Upon completion pat your skin dry with the face towel
7. Grab your ice roller from freezer and rub all over face in an upward and outward direction.